What will you do to stay cool and save cash this summer? Feedthepig.org asked some of its readers to submit their favorite ideas. Here are some from the list:
- Free beaches (state or city) that allow for coolers. What better way to spend a nice summer day!
- I put on my stay-cool cape and walk instead of driving. More enjoyable, less gas.
- Go to the pool, not the mall
- We buy a pitcher and filter for our water instead of having to continuously buy cases and bottles of water.
- Lots of cold meals, free swimming at complex clubhouse, walking or riding my bike instead of driving since it’s nice out.
- Use fans and keep the windows open for a breeze.
- Vacationing at home. With a little research you can discover tons of great new things in your city you didn’t even know existed.
- I do all my winter clothes shopping at the beginning of the summer. Everything is on clearance and the deals are amazing!
- Making our own lemonade and iced coffee drinks. Check out my favorite iced coffee recipe. And yes we make our own Fudgsicles by using chocolate pudding to freeze.
Those sound like some fun and creative ideas to keep money in your pocket and beat the heat this summer!